Umbria Tower House
This ancient farmhouse with beamed ceilings, fireplaces and terracotta floors has grown room by room over many generations of farming folk. It once housed some fifty people and their animals. The tower dates from as far back as Dante. Easily reached but secluded, its rural character is intact in spite of microwave, central heating and Wi-Fi. There are nooks and books for quiet and solitude even during large family gatherings; a grand piano and a guitar for the musical. It is a little paradise for children who can jump from the waterfall in the gated pool and cavort in three garden areas at different levels, these furnished with a barbeque, benches, outside tables, hammocks and a croquet set.
The house, set around a plant filled atrium, is a center for the many beauties, cultural and culinary offerings of Umbria. Still relatively undiscovered, not yet plagued by dense summer crowds, Umbria is the other Tuscany. But it owes nothing to the original in the beauty of its countryside and towns – among them Assisi, Spoleto, Perugia, Gubbio and Orvieto – and countless tiny medieval villages like our own Acqualoreto.
- Sleeps 9 adults
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- cradle, cots and high chair available
- linens and pool towels included with change on Saturdays
- Adsl & Wifi internet
- Fully equipped kitchen with stove, oven and microwave.
- 2 hours from Airport Rome & Florence
- 40 minutes from Perugia
- Private gated pool & barbecue area
- Maid service on Saturdays, with an option for Wednesdays
- Discount for smaller parties